Pages

Monday 3 September 2018

Colon activity.



Sentences using colons

L.I. - using colons correctly
The colons are missing from these sentences. Please add them in.


There are two choices at this time: run away or fight.
We knew who would win the game: the Eagles
He wanted to see three cities in Italy: Rome, Florence and Venice.
Remember: Two can play at that game.
She kept repeating: “I really want that car!”
Barry wanted to know why I didn’t respond to his text: I hadn’t received it.
Here are three states that begin with M: Michigan, Mississippi and Maine.
You can come pick me up now: I am feeling much better.
Never forget this point: Think before you speak.
This house has everything I need: two bedrooms, a backyard and a garage.
The town reminded me of my childhood vacations: both were on the beach.
I have several favorite genres of movies: drama, science fiction and mystery.
This was first said by Shakespeare: “To thine own self be true.”
I bought a lot of meat at the store: bacon, turkey, chicken and tuna.
The world’s a stage: play your role well.
The new boss has many nice traits: friendly, outgoing and fair.
These are my favourite colours: purple, turquoise, pink and yellow.



For writing I have learned about colons and how they work. We had a task to do that really made our brains think. Although I really enjoyed the task because I found it kind of easy. I found the first task easy because I could identify the pauses in sentences and that's how I knew where the colons were supposed to be. The second bit to this activity was to illustrate one of the sentences in the first activity. I decided that the last sentence was simple and easy for me to illustrate so I did that one. After that I have written a short description of how the colon was used in the sentence I chose.

No comments:

Post a Comment