Pages

Thursday 25 June 2015

ANZAC Biscuits recount By Nyjah.


“Hooray” I said today was the day for making Anzac biscuits. This day was what I was looking forward to because I love baking. When I got to school I saw plates and spoons. This gave me a sign that after roll time we were going to make Anzac biscuits. Also I was right because I looked on the board to see what we were learning for the day. So when we started I was full of excitement. First of all Miss Paton got the things we had to make the Anzac biscuits with. There were lots of ingredients I saw. First Mele cut 100 grams of butter. The butter was in 50 gram segments and we needed two segments of 50 grams. It was difficult for Mele because the butter was hard but she was able to cut it and put it in the pot also. Mr Engineer was taking photos. Next Shailah poured in a tablespoon of golden syrup. That syrup looked delish. Next up was Alex. Alex greased the two trays with the leftover butter on the wrapper so the dough would not stick. Then Miss Paton took some people to help with baking the ANZAC biscuits. They were Nazanin and Tai. Nazanin and Tai melted the butter and golden syrup together while we waited. Mr Engineer read us a book about the origins of the Anzac biscuits. It took a long time until it was my turn. Next Liam measured half a cup of sugar. Miss Paton mixed the baking soda and hot water together. Then we did the rolled oats.Avalon did he rolled oats.She poured the rolled oats in the measuring cup and then pour into the bowl.Next was the coconut Najib did that and he poured some in the measuring cup then pour into the bow.

Then we stirred until they were like dough. When the dough was ready me, Juliet and Sky scooped the dough and flattened it on trays. Miss Paton took Aung Naing and Najib to help bake the ANZAC biscuits. When it was lunch time we got one ANZAC biscuit each.
When they were cooked it tasted like crumble syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment