Pages

Monday 20 August 2018

Scale drawing / Maths week




Last week, our class has been doing scale drawing. The scale drawing activity started with a practise grid, which we had to draw either a butterfly or a lion. Doing scale drawing takes a lot of time, and each sketch must be in a box each. Next we all went on the internet to look for a picture to draw on a ratio of 1:2. We also had to enlarge our grids so the scale factor would be 2. This was also my first attempt at doing scale drawing, which I really enjoyed. The best part in my opinion would be colouring in and shading my drawing. In the end I also really liked the way both eyes were shaded, because it lets off a nice blend of colours. Although I found it really hard to draw box by box because I was really hoping to see the end results quicker then expected. Next time we do scale drawing, I will most likely take time drawing in each box to get a better result. But in the end I was really proud of my drawing, and I can't wait till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment