Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2019

Let me tell you about my favourite cultural celebration.


Let me tell you about my favourite cultural celebration.

Let me tell you about Christmas. Christmas, is one of my favourite celebrations in the world! A few days before Christmas, my family and I go on a shopping spree for presents, clothes and food. Usually, each year my parents take my siblings and I individually out on different days to go shopping for each others presents. I enjoy buying my brothers and family members gifts! The excitement I see from them makes me ecstatic. Before going shopping I take secret notes on what my brothers will really like. Currently this year I know that my oldest brother Jericho, enjoys playing games, talking to his friends through devices (such as the Playstation and his Ipad) and food. My youngest brother, Sasuke, enjoys playing on the playstation, making short vlogs on his phone and playing sports. During time between the 20th - 25th of December I prepare a list of gifts I should buy for my brothers.

Last year, I remember waking up super early with a large smile across my face. I threw the covers off and dashed towards… The kitchen! I see my Grandmother up and early cooking a delicious meal! Ham with a beautiful sauce over it with rings of pineapple, cherry and a crispy layer of skin on the outside. On the other side of the table I see four large cakes with a lovely layer of frosting over the top. But the best part is when the rest of my family comes over… We all sit down in the main room, open presents, have a laugh, eat delicious food and enjoy the company and love of our family~


Today I have created a 5 / 7 / 10 about my favourite cultural celebration. Christmas! Although, to break down what 5 / 7  / 10 means is I had 5 minutes to write and after that 5 minutes I had to check my writing with a partner (or multiple people) for 7 minutes and finally, 10 minutes of finishing my writing off. In my writing piece, our main focus was looking and placing commas in correctly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment