Pages

Friday 27 October 2017

Badminton

Badminton
It's a new term and our new special teacher for Kiwi sport was here at last. For the last term until the long holidays the school decided to have Badminton for Kiwi Sport. After group 1 had finished there lesson it was our turn to go.


We entered the hall to see our new teacher Kevin. Our teacher Kevin was surprisingly a professional Badminton player! Everyone was excited to learn and ready to play. Kevin explained a couple rules when playing Badminton. Rule one was never swing the rackets around,Rule 2 never use them like swords and three hit the shuttles carefully. For our warm up game it was stuck in the mud.


I was a bit disappointed although the game wasn’t that long. After about 4 or 5 minutes we stopped and Kevin instructed us to grab one racket and shuttle each. I felt excited but first Kevin taught us two ways to grip the racket. First off we had to use our writing hand to grip the racket and hold the racket like your going to shake someone's hand. Next we all had to use our back hand to hold it like a frying pan.


Although I wanted to start I had to learn first. My excitement was growing and we started to use our rackets and shuttles. Although I started struggling I still never gave up. Kevin then set up a competition for us and I got a bit curious. The surprise was to have a juggling competition with our rackets and shuttles. We all were determined to win although I failed both times I still cheered on the rest.


The battle stopped and the two winners were Julian and Jonathan. 3,2,1 GO Kevin called. The two went off juggling trying to win. Sadly Jonathan lost but that still didn’t let him down. The time passed and it was time to go.


I felt sad although I had a great time at Badminton today. We all came running back to our class and talking about the great time we had. This might be my new favourite Kiwi sport session this term!




This week for Writing we had another 40 minute writing challenge. This time we had to test if we did better at writing this time or not as good. I think I had a bit to much conjunctions in my paragraphs and a bit to little punctuation. My organisation was okay and I would say I got marked a 6 for that. I had a little bit of reflections but it did explain a lot. Next time I think I would work on having more ideas and less conjunctions.

No comments:

Post a Comment