Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

My home compared to a Wharepuni

This week I have compared my home to a Wharepuni. The results came out common but that is okay... So what I thought was different was that our new homes our newer and modern but a wharepuni is a bit more damp and not as modern. Another thing I noticed was it was not made of brick but sticks and stones. Our house is better then Wharepuni homes because its where everything we know is safe where as a Wharepuni is where people rest the night then go.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nyjah,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team! It's great to see that you've been working on these activities. Keep up the good work!

    Good work with this activity. You've made some good comparisions between a wharepuni and your own house. Well done. One of the differences I had thought of was that the wharepuni has a thatched roof and my house has a tiled roof. Do you know what a thatched roof is?

    Would you like to stay in a wharepuni one day? I think it would be a very different experience from living at my house.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nyjah
    Well done on completing this summer learning journey activity. You did a great job finding out the similarities and differences. You are right, my house is also a bit more modern than wharepuni's and it is made out of brick. Keep up the excellent work Nyjah.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete